Summer is here and, now that COVID-19 restrictions are being lifted, many of us will be even more eager to travel. As you begin considering your plans, however, it is important to also remember to stay safe, especially on the road. Continue reading for a list of safe driving tips for the summer.
Drive Safe this Summer
In 2019, there were 33,244 fatal motor vehicle crashes, according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). Moreover, the summer is one of the deadliest times on the road every year, so it is crucial to keep safety in mind to avoid an accident.
Here is a list of safe driving tips:
- Check your tires to avoid hitting the road. You will want to ensure they have sufficient tread and are properly inflated.
- Not only do you need to keep yourself well hydrated during the summer, but you should also top off the fluid levels in your vehicle.
- To avoid facing severe heat while driving during the summer, get your A/C serviced.
- If you do not have one already, put a roadside kit together, including a first aid kit, jumper cables, a flashlight, flares, and water.
- Avoid distractions while driving. When we think of distracted driving, we tend to think of texting and driving. However, you should also avoid eating, grooming, or reaching for something in your vehicle while driving.
- Speeding is one of the leading causes of accidents across the country, so be sure to leave early for your trip and give yourself plenty of time to travel.
- Fatigued driving can be just as dangerous as drunk driving, so be sure to get plenty of rest before heading out, especially if you have a long drive ahead of you.
- Take a break when you need it. Long drives can be exhausting, so if your eyes are starting to droop and you feel you may fall asleep, pull over someplace safe for a break before you continue your trip.
Many of us are excited to travel after a year of staying home. By following these safety tips you can stay safe while having a good team this summer season.
Speak to an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney About Your Case Today!
If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, the personal injury team at Action Law Group will help you fight for the compensation you deserve. Backed by more than 50 years of collective legal experience, you can rely on us for exceptional legal representation.