Our attorneys have decades of experience helping individuals who have been seriously injured in accidents including motor vehicle accidents and premises liability-related accidents like slip and falls and dog attacks.
Car accidents are one of the most common ways individuals are injured in the United States, and most of these accidents are caused by human error. Drivers are responsible for keeping the road safe for other drivers and passengers, but sometimes this doesn’t happen. Drivers who are distracted by their phones or under the influence of alcohol or drugs put themselves and others in danger when they fail to keep their focus on the road or violate road laws. We can determine liability after you’ve been injured and hold negligent drivers responsible for their actions.
Truck accidents and motorcycle accidents can cause catastrophic injuries, including burns, amputations, head and brain injuries, and spinal cord injuries – injuries that can be expensive to treat. We can pursue the maximum amount needed for a full recovery.
Cases We Handle
Here are some of the cases we can help you with:
- Car Accidents
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Dog Bites
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Rideshare Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Wrongful Death
50 + Years of Collective Experience
Long Track Record of Success
We Are Available 24/7
Personalized Attention & Care
Real People, Real Stories
"Excellent service and communication... Could not ask for a better attorney, Joe is amazing!"Resa M.
"He is a class act, a great communicator, and a pleasure to work with."Allan M.
"I can't be happier with the quality of concern and outcome. Thank You!!"Client
If you’ve been injured in an accident, the most important thing to do is seek medical
treatment. A medical professional can treat your wounds and prevent them from getting
worse and can diagnose any health conditions that may not be apparent. Sometimes
symptoms that people shrug off, like headaches, can be indicators of a more serious
injury, like brain trauma.
After you’ve been treated, hire a personal injury attorney
to get started on your case as soon as possible. Our attorneys can put our decades
of experience to work for you by collecting evidence to strengthen your claim and
increase your chances of winning your case. When we take over your case, you can
focus on resting.
You should also contact law enforcement, gather evidence, notify
your insurance company,
keep detailed records of you expenses, and be careful while
using social media. It's also very important to stay patient.
Personal injury cases
can take time to resolve. While it's natural to want a swift resolution, patience
is often necessary to ensure you receive fair compensation.
ALG battled for results.
T-bone accident where the other party fled the scene.
Dog bit a client and ALG was able to secure a settlement in less than a year.
Rear-end accident with little property damage.
Shoulder rotator cuff injury.
Fell in local grocery store.
Our team helps families who have lost loved ones in accidents. The only thing worse than suddenly losing someone you care about is when they’ve died as a result of another party’s negligence. You may feel a range of emotions, including anger and a drive to seek justice on the deceased’s behalf. Our team can pursue this justice for you while your family focuses on grieving together.
Through our advocacy, we can recover damages so you don’t have to worry about your future. We can help you cover the costs of your medical bills, funeral and burial bills, and make up for lost income if you were financially dependent on the deceased. Though we can’t bring your loved one back, we can make sure your future is bright and that your family can receive some kind of closure.
Accessible to All Clients
Our law firm strives to be accessible to clients and meet them where they’re at. We’re happy to provide all potential clients with free consultations so you can learn more about our team without committing to us. We can also use your consultation to learn about your accident, injuries, and damages, and provide you with options so you understand what is at stake and how you can proceed with your case.
If you wish to reclaim your life and get back to a sense of normalcy, we can help you achieve these results.
When Should You Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Accidents happen, and when they do, they can lead to physical injuries, emotional distress, and financial burdens. If you've been injured due to someone else's negligence, you might wonder whether it's time to seek legal representation. Hiring a personal injury lawyer can be a crucial decision, but it's not always necessary for every accident or injury case. To help you determine when to hire a personal injury lawyer, consider the following factors:
- Severity of Injuries: One of the primary considerations is the severity of your injuries. If your injuries are severe, long-lasting, or result in permanent disability, consulting with an attorney is advisable. They can help you navigate complex medical and legal issues.
- Liability Dispute: When liability is disputed or shared, it can complicate the claims process. A personal injury lawyer can help gather evidence and establish liability, increasing your chances of a favorable outcome.
- Insurance Company Challenges: Dealing with insurance companies can be challenging. They often try to minimize payouts or deny claims altogether. A personal injury lawyer understands the tactics used by insurance companies and can negotiate on your behalf to ensure you receive fair compensation.
- Time Limitations: Statutes of limitations set a deadline for filing a personal injury claim. In Connecticut, the statute of limitations for a personal injury case is 2 years. Missing this deadline can result in the forfeiture of your right to seek compensation. An attorney can help you file within the required time frame, ensuring that you don't miss out on potential compensation.
- Complexity of the Case: Some personal injury cases are relatively straightforward, while others are more complex. For instance, cases involving medical malpractice, product liability, or multiple liable parties are often intricate. An experienced personal injury lawyer can navigate the complexities and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Full and Fair Compensation: A personal injury lawyer can help you evaluate the full extent of your damages. This includes not only medical expenses and lost wages but also non-economic damages like pain and suffering. They can work to ensure you receive fair compensation for all of your losses.
- Peace of Mind: The aftermath of an accident can be overwhelming, especially when dealing with injuries and legal matters. Hiring a personal injury lawyer can provide you with peace of mind, knowing that an experienced professional is handling your case, allowing you to focus on your recovery.
What Damages Can You Recover in a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
When you've suffered a personal injury due to someone else's negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for the damages you've incurred. Personal injury claims aim to restore the injured party to the position they were in before the accident or incident occurred. There are several types of damages that you can potentially recover in a personal injury case:
- Medical Expenses: This category includes all the costs related to your medical treatment, such as hospital bills, surgeries, doctor's visits, medications, and rehabilitation.
- Lost Wages: If your injury has forced you to miss work, you can seek compensation for the income you would have earned during that time. This can also cover any future lost earning capacity if your injury affects your ability to work in the future.
- Property Damage: If your personal property was damaged in the incident (e.g., a car in an auto accident), you can recover the cost of repairs or the fair market value of the property.
- Pain and Suffering: These damages are designed to compensate you for the physical and emotional pain you've endured as a result of the injury. The amount is subjective and varies depending on the severity of your suffering.
- Emotional Distress: Emotional distress damages address the psychological trauma and anxiety that may result from the injury, such as anxiety, depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
In certain cases, the court may award punitive damages. These damages are intended to punish the at-fault party for their reckless or intentional misconduct, rather than solely compensating the injured person. Punitive damages are less common and are typically only awarded when the defendant's behavior was especially egregious.
Wrongful Death Damages:
In cases where a personal injury leads to the death of the victim, surviving family members may be entitled to recover damages for funeral and burial expenses, loss of financial support, and the emotional suffering caused by the loss of a loved one.
It's important to note that the availability and amount of damages can vary widely depending on the specific circumstances of your case, the laws in your jurisdiction, and the skill of your legal representation. To maximize your chances of recovering fair compensation, it's important to consult with a qualified personal injury attorney who can assess your case and guide you through the legal process. They can help you determine which types of damages you may be eligible to recover and advocate for your rights throughout the litigation process.
Contact our New Haven personal injury attorney online or by calling (203) 439-3143 today!
How Social Media Can Impact Your Personal Injury Claim in ConnecticutRead More
Proving Liability in Connecticut Car Accident Cases: A Legal OverviewRead More
Seeking Justice After a DWI Accident: A Guide for Victims in East Haven, CTRead More
Halloween Safety: Preventing Slip and Fall Accidents in New HavenRead More
What Makes Action Law Group Different?Read More
Rideshare Accidents More Concerning as School ResumesRead More
5 Essential Steps to Take After Being Involved in an Uber or Lyft AccidentRead More
What To Do After a Car AccidentRead More