Take Action. Get Results. Fighting for You Every Step of the Way.
While all injuries acquired from accidents can be painful and traumatic, some are more serious and can last longer than others, often having the potential to change your life. Catastrophic injuries can change your job, your marriage, your plans for the future, and much more.
Such a catastrophic injury can be as emotionally damaging as it is financially damaging. If you’ve experienced serious injuries that are long-term or permanent, you deserve to be fully compensated by the at-fault party not just so you can handle current expenses, but so you can prepare for future costs, too.
Action Law Group cares about our clients and their futures. With more than 50 years of experience, we’ve helped countless clients hold negligent drivers, dog owners, and other entities responsible and recovered damages ranging from lost wages to medical bills.
Our New Haven catastrophic injury attorneys are also especially adept at aiding those who have been seriously injured through passionate legal counsel. Though we can’t reverse your injuries, we can get you the care you need to move on and not worry about how you’re going to pay your bills.
What is a Catastrophic Injury?
A catastrophic injury has more damaging effects than a minor injury. Whiplash, cuts and abrasions, and sprains and fractures can inflict pain, but for the most part, they are temporary injuries that a person can heal from in days or weeks, allowing them to return to normal life and go back to work. Catastrophic injuries, on the other hand, can be permanent and prevent victims from ever fully recovering.
Examples of catastrophic injuries include:
- Spinal cord or neck injuries, which can cause chronic pain, loss of bowel and bladder control, and respiratory and circulatory problems. These injuries can also cause spasms that are uncontrollable.
- Paralysis, which can be caused by a serious spinal cord injury and be partial or complete. Paralysis may confine you to a wheelchair and require extensive physical therapy, as well as other necessary home arrangements. Some victims living with paralysis need a caregiver at home, such as a spouse.
- Skull fractures
- Traumatic brain injuries that can result in cognitive dysfunction, emotional challenges, challenges with speech and language, and more.
- Burns, which can costs thousands of dollars to treat in skin grafts and numerous cosmetic surgeries.
Some of these injuries, like limb loss and paralysis, can result in an individual being confined to a wheelchair and render them unable to perform daily tasks or their job responsibilities, meaning they may have to quit their job and consider a whole new career path. Others, like brain injuries, can result in emotional difficulties and change their relationships with their loved ones.
What are the Lifelong Costs of a Catastrophic Injury?
Unfortunately, catastrophic injuries can’t be treated with a onetime surgery. These injuries often require ongoing medical attention, long periods of hospitalization, and the needed help of family members, some of whom may have to change their own lives in order to accommodate your needs. You may be unable to work, which puts you out of an income.
All of this means that you may be heavily impacted by medical bills and future costs – costs you aren’t prepared to pay for.
Damages victims of catastrophic injuries are expected to pay for now and in the future include:
- Emergency medical expenses
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Medical equipment such as lifts, wheelchairs, hospital beds, and more
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Costs to retrofit a home
- Visiting nursing care
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
Even if your injuries are already expensive to treat right now, they may worsen over time or you may develop new injuries that require additional care. You need to be prepared for whatever comes your way – our attorneys can help with this need by pursuing the maximum amount of compensation available under the law.
What Can a Catastrophic Personal Injury Lawyer Do?
Catastrophic injuries can be devastating, not only because of the pain and suffering they cause but also due to the financial costs associated with them. A catastrophic injury attorney can help individuals who have been injured due to someone else's negligence by providing legal counsel.
At Action Law Group, our legal team can advocate for your rights to compensation in order to cover medical expenses, lost wages, future costs, and other damages. With years of experience in this field, our catastrophic injury lawyers will be able to guide you through the legal process and ensure that you get the justice you deserve.
A catastrophic accident attorney can also help you:
- Investigate the Accident: A catastrophic injury attorney can investigate the circumstances surrounding an accident to determine who was legally responsible for causing it and whether any other parties may be held liable.
- Negotiate With Insurance Companies: An experienced lawyer is well-versed in dealing with insurance companies, such as those providing coverage to at-fault drivers. They can also help deal with insurance providers for employer liability policies. If a business or company was involved in your injury incident, it could result in a claim being paid out if the business' employee is found negligent.
- During Settlement Talks & Court Proceedings: If negotiations with insurers are unsuccessful, a catastrophic injury attorney will represent their client throughout all necessary court proceedings, including settlement talks and hearings before judges and juries, if needed.
- Protect Your Rights: A catastrophic injury attorney’s primary duty is to represent their client’s interests while also advocating for justice. An experienced lawyer will ensure that the at-fault party is held accountable and that their client receives the full compensation they deserve for medical bills, lost wages, future costs, pain and suffering, and other damages. They can even help you better understand what a catastrophic injury is and how it will affect your life moving forward in the future.
Contact the Personal Injury Attorneys at Action Law Group Today!
Whether you were paralyzed in a car accident, burned in a dangerous truck accident, or disfigured in a dog attack, you deserve justice. We can put decades of experience and legal success to work for you by gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, and more so you don’t have to worry about how you’re going to pay your bills.
Real People, Real Stories
"Excellent service and communication... Could not ask for a better attorney, Joe is amazing!"Resa M.
"He is a class act, a great communicator, and a pleasure to work with."Allan M.
"I can't be happier with the quality of concern and outcome. Thank You!!"Client
50 + Years of Collective Experience
Long Track Record of Success
We Are Available 24/7
Personalized Attention & Care