As students head back to school, the roads become busier with parents, buses, and an increasing number of rideshare vehicles. With this increase in traffic, it's essential to be aware of the potential dangers of ridesharing accidents during this time.
In this blog post, we will explore statistics regarding the dangers of ridesharing accidents as people go back to school.
Statistics on Rideshare Accidents
When it comes to rideshare accidents, it is crucial to understand the risks involved. Here are some key statistics to consider:
- From 2017 to 2018, of the ridesharing crashes that happened during the research period, approximately 21% of those killed were riders.
- Uber reported 97 fatal accidents and 107 fatalities. The Uber-related fatal crash rate was 0.59 fatalities for every 100 million vehicle miles.
- A government-funded study analyzing ridesharing accidents in cities showed that ridesharing contributed to an increased number of injuries and burdens due to motor vehicle crashes.
- Distracted driving was one of the leading causes of rideshare accidents.
- Car accidents, in general, have increased, and the number of fatalities has also seen an increase.
These statistics highlight the importance of staying vigilant and taking necessary precautions while using rideshare services, especially during the back-to-school season when roads are busier than usual.
What to Do If You Have Been Involved in an Accident with Uber/Lyft
If you find yourself involved in an accident while using Uber or Lyft, it is crucial to follow the appropriate steps to protect your rights and ensure your well-being.
Being involved in a car crash can be overwhelming, but you can protect yourself and your interests by:
- Ensuring Safety: First and foremost, ensure your safety and the safety of others involved in the accident by moving to a safe location if possible.
- Seeking Medical Attention: Call emergency services immediately if anyone involved in the accident requires medical attention.
- Documenting the Scene: Take photos or videos of the accident scene, including any damage to vehicles and injuries sustained.
- Gathering Information: Collect the contact information, including names, phone numbers, and insurance details, of all parties involved in the accident.
- Reporting the Accident: Inform the rideshare company about the accident through their app or customer service hotline.
- Filing a Police Report: Contact the local authorities and file a police report regarding the accident.
- Contacting an Attorney: Consider consulting with a personal injury attorney who specializes in rideshare accidents. They can guide you through the legal process and help protect your rights.
Remember, every accident is unique, and seeking professional legal advice is crucial to navigate through the complex process to ensure you receive fair compensation for your injuries and damages.
Trusted Rideshare Accident Attorneys at Action Law Group
As students go back to school, the increase in traffic and rideshare vehicles poses potential risks for accidents. Understanding the statistics regarding rideshare accidents and being aware of what to do if you find yourself involved in a crash is essential for your safety and well-being. If you have been involved in an accident with Uber or Lyft, following the steps to protect your interests is important. By being prepared and informed, you can protect your rights and receive the necessary support to recover from any injuries or losses. Call us today at (203) 439-3143 to schedule a consultation.