Slip and fall accidents may not sound serious, but they often result in severe injuries. When these incidents occur on someone else’s property as a result of negligence, the injured party can pursue compensation by filing a claim. However, there are some crucial steps you must take in the aftermath to ensure the best possible results.
What to Do After a Slip and Fall Accident
Even if you do not initially think your injuries are serious, it is important to take certain steps after a slip and fall accident to protect your claim and your health.
Below is a list of some steps that are important to remember:
- Get medical treatment: Your physical wellbeing should be your top priority in the aftermath of an accident, so be sure to see a doctor as soon as possible. Doing so is also important for documenting your injuries, which will serve as important evidence in your premises liability claim.
- Report the incident: Whether the accident occurred in a grocery store, a parking lot, or at a friend’s home, it is important to report it. Following through with this step sooner rather than later will help ensure the details of it are fresh in your mind.
- Document the details: If there were any witnesses, you should try to obtain their contact information. Additionally, be sure to take pictures of the exact place where the accident occurred and be sure to write down any details you can remember about the accident, such as the way you may have fallen or what you were doing prior to the accident. The more details you can provide, the better.
- Do not give a statement: Until you have spoken with an attorney, you should limit communication with the property manager or owner. If the insurance company asks you to provide a statement, decline this request. Most importantly, do not post about the accident on social media.
- Hire an attorney: To ensure the best outcome for your case, you should hire an experienced premises liability attorney to advocate on your behalf.
Schedule a Case Evaluation with an Experienced Premises Liability Attorney Today!
If you were injured in a slip and fall accident, the skilled legal team at Action Law Group can assist you. With more than 40 years of combined experience, you can rest assured your case is in good hands with us.
Call our law office today at (203) 439-3143 to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys to get started. You will not owe us any legal fees until we win your case!